In Memory Of Bob Omand
We are deeply saddened to announce the passing of our club Vice President, Bob Omand. Bob was a dedicated club member for over 10 years and he was a fantastic friend. He wore several hats within the club including Master of Ceremony at our 2019 Treasures in the Sand hunt and of course, the ‘Silver Streaker’ (draws for silver) at our hunts.
He was always ready to jump in and help out where needed. ‘Beach better have my money!’ was a favourite mantra of Bob’s. His hilarious t-shirt contests offering ticket holders the chance to win a t-shirt featuring a look-alike image of Bob along with the caption ‘Be Like Bob’ and his great singing at the close of the 2019 hunt will be everlasting fond memories for many of us.
Bob was truly one-of-a-kind – a warm, funny, generous man and we are all the better for knowing him. We will miss you, Bob.
Welcome to the Okanagan Treasure Hunters Club
Our meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of every month, starting in March. The time and location of each meeting will alternate between two locations (listed below). See Calendar of Events for monthly meeting location.
PEACHLAND – 50 Plus Activity Centre, 5672 Beach Avenue, Peachland, BC from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
PENTICTON – Penticton Museum & Archives, 785 Main Street, Penticton, BC from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Join Okanagan Treasure Hunters Club
If you are interested in more information or would like to join the Okanagan Treasure Hunters Club please click on the link below, print the PDF and mail it to the address listed on the form. Or you can also feel free to just bring it with you to the next meeting.
Code of Ethics
1. Respect the rights and property of others. If asked to leave by owner or authorities, do graciously without argument and thank them.
2. Observe all laws, whether Federal, Provincial, State or Local. Aid law enforcement officials whenever possible.
3. Never destroy priceless historical, native indian or archaeological treasures.
4. Leave the land and vegetation as it was. – FILL IN ALL THE HOLES.
5. Respect all wildlife and habitat. We all exist because they exist.
6. Remove all trash and litter and leave only your footsteps behind when you leave.
7. ALL Treasure Hunters may be judged by the example you set. Always conduct yourself with courtesy and consideration for others.